Stress Stats - You Are Not Alone
Thanks for following along with XanFree this year as we continue to try to spread awareness and help those who may be struggling right now. As we continue to dive deeper into anxiety, stress, and other topics, we feel it is important to explain why this is such an issue and why people should care.
The Numbers Of Stress
Stress affects countless people every single day. In fact, The American Institute of Stress has found that:
- About 33% of people report feeling extreme stress
- 77% of people experience stress that affects their physical health
- 73% of people have stress that impacts their mental health
- 48% of people have trouble sleeping because of stress
These numbers are troubling, but it shows that you are not alone in your struggle. Even if you feel that way.
Various Types Of Stress
Studies done by the National Institutes of Mental Health have found that there are five major types of stress disorders. They include:
- PTSD, or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Acute Stress Disorder
- RAD or Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
A large majority percent of those in the United States are affected by any of these various disorders.
XanFree wants to do its part in helping resolve these problems. The goal of XanFree is to gather more attention to issues like these and try to help those who are currently struggling.
These stats on stress that we have discussed here can be eye-opening to many. You can find more stats available here and here.
Check back in tomorrow, 1/6/22 to learn more about the next topic we are going to be bringing awareness to - sleep.
You can find all of our socials here, so you can follow along all month.